Wednesday, April 14, 2010

babysitter? i think not.

Two things come to mind when I see a huge family walk in with a bunch of little kids:

1. Yes! They're not going to be here forever drinking because the kids gotta go to bed soon.

2. Get out the mop and the broom, it's going to be a big mess when they leave.

Well, last night wasn't any different. I like when families come in because they're usually friendly and relaxed and there's no hassle of separating checks at the end of the meal. But come on! The mess was RIDICULOUS last night. They had a little baby that ate a grilled cheese--actually, she didn't really eat it. I think she was intentionally throwing it on the ground. Needless to say, little pieces of grilled cheese everywhere. YUCK. And the older children thought it was funny to shred their napkins and get ranch dressing all over the table.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be a little more aware when you're out to eat with children. I'm a messy eater too, and it's part of my job to wipe down tables after you leave. But if you've got a little one, maybe make sure he/she is actually eating the food. Just sayin'...

-MJ

1 comment:

  1. Yuck!
    When our kids were little and we went out to eat (not very often, mind you), we'd always leave a VERY BIG tip for the wait staff. Kids are just messy! But I'd also try to clean up the table as best I could.

    Actually, the best way to do this is to get carry-out. :-)

    ReplyDelete