Thursday, April 22, 2010

here comes the...ketchup?

I had never heard the term "marrying ketchup" until I started my work as a waitress. Little did I know, it's actually a universal term! This task is required for every server after every shift. If you've got two half full bottles of ketchup in your section, combine them into one aka marry them.

There is actually a tool called a "ketchup coupler." I refused to believe that it worked until, well, I tried it!


I should have gotten a "before" picture, but I didn't think of it in time. All I can tell you is that the ketchup bottle on top was a little less than half full. The ketchup was being stubborn, and I was tired of trying to shake it out--that's when I decided to give the ketchup coupler a try. And voila! My job made easy!

-MJ

1 comment:

  1. One time my I was out to eat with my family. My mom was shaking a ketchup bottle, trying to get the ketchup out. Then the waitress came over to our table, took the bottle out of her hand and showed her the "correct" way of getting ketchup out of a glass bottle. (It involves tilting the bottle at a certain angle, tapping gently with a knife, but whatever.)

    So, for all of us customers who are not so lucky to own a ketchup coupler, is there an efficient way to get ketchup out of those bottles?

    ReplyDelete